Launch of new Farming Matters magazine
Together with the AgriCultures Network and CIDSE, Cultivate! hosted an online launch on October 7 of a special issue of Farming Matters magazine entitled “Feminism and agroecology: transforming our economy and society”.
In the webinar, leading practitioners and activists spoke about their experiences with agroecology, alternative economics and feminism. They talked about how we can build new relations that centralise care and solidarity economies.
Missed it? Watch the webinar here:
- Leonida Odonga – Alliance for Food Sovereignty in Africa
- Isabel Alvarez Vispo – URGENCI, Spain (in Spanish)
- Iridiani Seibert – Peasant Women’s Movement, Brazil (in Spanish)
- Rachel Bezner Kerr – Cornell University
- Emma Siliprandi – FAO (in Spanish)
- Paulo Petersen – AS-PTA Brazil/ AgriCultures Network (in Spanish)
- Suzy Serneels, Rose Hogan, Francois Delvaux – Cidse
- Moderator: Janneke Bruil, Cultivate!
Farming Matters magazine features experiences and insights on agroecology from around the world. It was published during the webinar.
Read the full magazine: Farming Matters: Agroecology and Feminism
The editorial article ‘Agroecology and feminist economics – new values for new times’ provides an introduction to the theme and the magazine.